Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee for the 13th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society (ACOS2018) welcomes the submission of scientific abstracts.
Authors are requested to submit abstracts in the following areas of interest:
- Basic Science / translation research
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer in the Elderly
- Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Central nervous system tumors
- Diagnostic/ Biomarkers /Imaging/Staging
- Early Drug Development
- Colorectal Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Non-colorectal Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Genitourinary Malignancies
- Gynecological Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hepatobiliary tract cancer
- Lung Cancer
- New Technologies in Cancer
- Nursing & supportive care
- Abstracts will only be accepted electronically through the conference website www.acos 2018.com
- Abstracts must be submitted in good English and carefully proofread to ensure the accuracy of published material. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts submitted in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the author.
- Please choose one main topic (if applicable) to categorize. The Scientific Committee has the authority to re-categorize the abstract.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words in length and must be in Microsoft word format (.doc)
- Abstracts should be structured to include the following 5 sections:
5) Summary / conclusion
- A maximum of 2 images (graph / table / picture) may be included
- The abstract should comprise “Title”, “Author”, “Affiliation”, “Abstract Text” four elements.
- The “Abstract Title” should be in bold and capital.
- The “Authors’ Last Name” should be spelled in capital. The “Presenting Author” must be indicated by underline.
- The “Authors’ Affiliations” should be indicated with superscript Arabic numbers and listed by Department, Institution and Country.
- Up to 3 keywords should be provided to distinguish the abstract for indexing purposes.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
Abstract Policy and Regulations
With the submission of an abstract to ACOS 2018, the presenting author:
- Certifies to be an investigator with substantial involvement in the clinical study presented in the abstract.
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence regarding the abstract and inform co-authors of its status.
- Confirms that all co-authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Agrees to submit updated data for important large studies presented (in part) at previous meetings. Violation of this policy may result in rejection of the submitted abstract.
- Certifies that the information in the abstract is for exclusive presentation in the ACOS 2018 Scientific Programme.
- States that for all studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and informed consent given where appropriate.
- For abstracts containing clinical trial data include: Trial abbreviation; Trial Registry Number or ID background; Objective, Design, Population studied (including sample size), Intervention, Outcome measure (s), Analysis, Trial status, Trial sponsor(s)
- Identifies, obtains and discloses any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract for all abstract authors. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate-sponsored research and other substantive relationships.
- Trials in Progress abstracts and encore presentations will also be accepted.
Selection of Abstracts
The Scientific committee will evaluate all abstracts submitted and determine the selection for either oral or poster presentation at ACOS 2018. Official notification of acceptance or rejection of an abstract will be emailed to the corresponding person on 15 December 2017
Criteria for selection shall be based upon:
- Conformity to the purpose of the respective
- Content and presentation quality
Notification of Acceptance
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee. Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent to the presenting and corresponding author by December 2017.
- The accepted abstracts will be published as the conference documentation. Abstracts will be published as submitted. Errors will not be amended by the organizers.
- Please note that if you are successful in your abstract submission, it is required that you pay for your own registration fee and travel costs to and during the conference.
15 November 2017
15 December 2017
7 January 2018
Travel Grant Award Rules:
- Previously presented or published abstracts (encore presentations) may be submitted for presentation, but they will NOT be considered for an Award.
- Presenting authors are chosen among presenting authors whose abstract is among better scoring of those eligible for this award.
- Presenting author must have submitted their abstract to the Conference via the website.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Presenting author must attend ACOS 2018 and will get free of charge for registration.
- Travelling and accommodation will be arranged by author own expenses.